Back to http://arnholm.org/
Zip Explorer is a fast and easy to use disk catalog program for Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2K/XP.
It is designed for use with any type of removable or fixed disk, including CD-ROM, CD-R/CD-RW, Castlewood Orb, Iomega Zip/Jaz, 3.5" Floppies, and hard disks. If the disk is accessible from Windows, you can use it with Zip Explorer.
The user interface is familiar; if you know Windows Explorer, you know Zip Explorer.
The contents of your zip files can be automatically cataloged and presented as regular folders with subfolders. Organise catalogs in categories and restore files using Drag & Drop for both zipped and ordinary files/folders.
To catalog your disks using Zip Explorer is safe and non-intrusive; the program reads your
disks using only standard Windows functions. It never creates or modifies any files on the
disk it catalogs. The catalogs are stored on your hard disk, so you can search and browse
all your removable disks without physically loading a single one. If you want
to check the contents of a file, simply double-click it and Zip Explorer
will tell you which disk to insert in the drive. Once available, the file
will be opened using the program associated with the file type.
Download / Registration
A free 30 day trial version download is available here: (self-extracting installation file).
If you would like to purchase the registered version, please use the PayPal "Buy Now" button below. Payments via PayPal are secure and may be funded with a credit card. Please fill in all details, including the amount (25 Euro).
For questions, please send an , using "Zip Explorer" in the subject line. Delivery of the registered version will be via email after I have received full payment.
The software application "Zip Explorer" is not produced or sold, offered,
maintained, sponsored or endorsed in any way by the Iomega Corporation. The
author is not and has never been in any way connected to the Iomega
Corporation. The term "Zip Explorer" refers to the fact that the program is
fast and is able to catalog and explore compressed zip files. The term
does not refer to, and must not be confused with, any trademark owned by the
What else can I do with Zip Explorer?
- Create catalogs for any number of disks - large or small. Find files without loading disks.
- Associate comments with each catalog.
- Organise catalogs in user defined categories. Move catalogs
to other categories when necessary.
- Scan and browse contents of zip files and self-extracting zip files.
- Create catalogs directly from Windows Explorer, without even starting Zip Explorer!
- Automatically eject removable disks after cataloging, or via the right-click menu.
- Drag & Drop files to Windows Explorer. Even for zipped files or folders.
- Create HTML web sites so your catalogs can be viewed using any Web browser.
- Search for and copy files (or extract from zip files) from cataloged disks.
- Show the accumulated folder size where Windows Explorer shows nothing.
- Launch cataloged files with a double-click or right-click.
If the disk is offline, you will be asked to insert it.
- Find cataloged files (using wildcards) or find duplicate files, also within zip files.
- Save search results to text files or .csv files (for easy import to MS Excel).
- Experience the performance. A P75 with 32MB RAM can easily handle 80,000 files.
- Use the Properties dialog to count files and identify wasted disk space.
- Display file size in bytes, KB or MB.
- Display file date & time info as defined by your computer's "Regional Settings".
- Use standard file icons even for off-line files.